[amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs. other software

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, allansn@xxx wrote:

> As I said,for many people,programming is not the be all, end
all.People have different needs,skill sets and constraints.And every
person processes information differently.I think many higher level
programmers take alot for granted,especially when it comes to
trading..

> Do you really think P.Tudor Jones,Dan Zanger,Steve Cohen,Louis
Bacon,Louis Hanover,the late John Mulhern and countless others have
any clue to programming??

> Some people study the markets..some people study programming..some
do both...floor traders may do neither if they are talented
mechanical traders.

> For those who have neither the aptitude nor desire to
program,there are certainly enough tools/progammers out there to
make up for ones deficiencies....Do you really think a novice
programmer who spends $3,000 to learn to program is going to come up
with something better than Blox??

> I think not

Well said! Be warned not to fell into the trap of spending all your
time in learning to program instead of learing to trade. I have used
a trial version of the Builder version of TradingBlox (IMHO, the
turtle and pro versions with only cann't systems don't worth the
money). It was a real eye-opener! I would have bought it if myself
not a programmer and can handle Ami pretty well. I learned a lot of
system building concepts from the trial version and used them in my
Ami AFL. The multi system simulation with detailed reports and rigid
risk control is still hard to do with Ami, if possible at all. If
you are in trading long enough, risk control and position sizing is
more important than all those fancy indicators.