[amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs. other software

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxx> wrote:

> Given your description one would assume what you get with TB is a
> variety of Black Boxes ...

No, by no means.

The systems are fully disclosed.
They are really candid saying: we sell software, we don't sell
systems. If you check the pre-programmed systems, I'm sure you won't
find any new ideas: anyone with some experience in trading know all
of them already.

They give you almost all the trading approaches that are in the
pubblic domain (es Channel breakout, ATR breakout, Bollinger band
both in trend and contra-trend).

I'm saying a different thing: in TB (Turtle and Professional) you
can test a "triple moving average system" beacuse is pre-programmed.
Should you fancy to test a "five moving average system", this is not
preprogrammed.
To test such a thing (and all new ides you could have) in the TB
world you'll have to spend 3000 $ AND learn a new programming
language (no wizard can help for really new ideas... you have to
build the code from zero).