[amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs. other software

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, allansn@xxx wrote:

> If you are looking at Blox,I am assuming it is the "Turtle" system
that initially attracted you to it.The odds are you wouldnt be able
to code that in any software program,including Blox.I will check,as
there are multiple stops and varying entry rules depending on
previous breakouts and market action.

Well..... as a matter of fact a very smart and dedicated programmer
got in AFL almost all the rules contained in the "Original Turle"
booklet.

The only option he wasn't able to code in AFL was the "drawdown
reduction mechanism (every time the turtle had a drawdown of 10%,
they were told to reduce the trading capital by 20%).

Well, it required a really complex and long code (I would never be
able to do it by myself), but all other nuances have been programmed
in AFL, including the correlation limits, the multiple entries,
the "last trade loser" filter, ...you name it.

On the other hand, the original turtle method is nowadays just a
curiosity (or a starting point for further research): recent results
are really poor and by no means comparable to historical ones.