Re: [amibroker] Re: DATA DOWNLOAD

If you have access to a MS format data manager , simply download the
data(csv or dbf formats) from the NSE website. Requires a little bit of
formatting in Excel and you can convert it into MS format files which are
easily read in AB.

Other option is to be considered if you wish to stick to the Native AB
format.  Here you will have to build the symbol translation files which will
match yahoo symbols to the appropriate NSE symbols. If I am not mistaken
there is a yahoo group  of Indian AB users who have already undertaken the
exercise. Maybe someone on the list can help you with that.

If you use other charting platforms as well in addition to AB  you are
better off considering the first option as you will have just one data
format to contend with. The pre-requisite for that ofcourse is availability
of a data manager that will handle MS format data. If you dont have that,
then go the AmiQuote route. In this scenario if you wish to work with other
charting platforms you can convert your data to ASCII from within AB for use
elsewhere.

Rakesh