[amibroker] Re: Range Bars

I too am very keen to see Range Bars implemented in Amibroker. There
has already been a couple of suggestions opened in the the AmiBroker
Feedback Centre about this, (see #284 and #201). Range Bars, in my
view, are THE best way to eliminate noise in any market.

As an example of what Range Bars actually are, have a look at their
implementation in Fibonacci Trader in this link:

http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/HELP40/Range%20Bar/default.htm

Note that Range Bars are independent of time, the bar only closes
when the range has completed. Note also that (by definition) Range
Bars are all the same length, and properly implemented Range Bars do
not have any gaps.

Now there is no way I am going to use Fibonacci Trader over
Amibroker. Fibonacci Trader is about 5 or 6 times more expensive and
overall does not come close to AmiBroker in terms of ease of use and
functionality. Everyone has their own view as to what extra
functionality they would like to see added to certain software but I
believe many people would find Range Bars extremely useful.

Has anyone had a go at implementing Range Bars in Amibroker. I'm not
even sure it would be possble. Anyway, I think the best way would to
have them built into the Amibroker s/w.

Dave