[amibroker] Re: Polynomial Trendlines

The reason that the line doesn't appear to fit is that by default it
appears to be fitting all of the data in the array to the polynomial.

I have tried different order equations and found that 2nd order
(quadratic) works the best for me.  The number of bars for the fit I
set to between 20 and 50  -  which it appears you can do with this code.

A few things you can do is
1. Take the first derivative of the resulting equation to produce the
slope at the last data point, and use the normalized slope (%-per-day)
as a ranking indicator.
2. Check the slope at the beginning, middle, and end of the array to
search for cup-and-handle patterns. Actually you use a long one
(50-100 bars shifted back 20 bars) for the cup and a short one (10-20
bars not shifted) for the handle.  then create a search based on the
shape(slopes) of the resulting parabolas.
3. Create an indicator that consists of the last value of the slope of
a n-bar set of going back to the start of the data.  This produces a
nice smooth oscillator indicating tops & bottoms in price.

Ed Hoopes