[amibroker] Re: Composite Calculations - help

Thanks guys it is really appreciated.  I'll have to fool with both
and I'll let you know, perhaps not till next week though.

Thanks Again!!!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxx> wrote:

> I clipped this from one of my routines and I think this will work
if the individual watchlists 1...10 contain the tickers from which
the indexes are composed.

> 1) Select a current symbol with a suitable number bars
>
> 2)  Select n last quotations = 1
>
> 3)  Run as a SCAN
>
> Ths should produce 10 tickers ~WLAvg1 to ~WLAvg10 with the average
volume in the Volume field.

> You choose how you want to average the price arrays.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Joe
>

> VolTotal = Count = CountVol = 0;
>
> for (j =1 ; j<=10; j++)
>
> {
>
> //_TRACE("WL # " + j);
>
> watchlistsymbols = GetCategorySymbols(categoryWatchlist, j);
>
> for (mem = 0; (member = StrExtract(watchlistsymbols, mem)) != "";
mem++)

> {
>
> ticker = Foreign(member, "Close");
>
> //_TRACE("Ticker "+ ticker+" no of member "+ mem);
>
> tickvol = Nz( Foreign(member, "Volume") );
>
> VolTotal = Voltotal + tickvol;
>
> countvol = countvol + IIf(IsEmpty(ticker), 0, 1);
>
> }
>
> IndexVolavg = voltotal / countvol;
>
> // Here generate a symbol name for example "~WLAvg01 to "~WLAvg10"
>
> Listnum = j; // for readability
>
> if (Listnum < 10)
>
> Listnumstr = StrFormat("%1.0f", Listnum);
>
> else
>
> Listnumstr = StrFormat("%2.0f", Listnum);
>
> AddToComposite(indexvolavg, "~WLAvg" + Listnumstr, "V",
atcFlagDefaults + atcFlagEnableInExplore);

> }
>
> Buy = Sell = 0;

it both as a numeric, then you assign a string to it. This may or
may not be causing problems, but I'm guessing it is.