Re: [amibroker] Moon Phase as a profitable predictor

Greetings --

I may be misunderstanding your posting, but it implies that your ran IO over
an In-Sample period from 1/1/2003 through 9/5/2006.  Almost by definition,
results will always look good over the in-sample period.  Refer to my
original posting of this thread -- RAR of 100% in-sample, but unprofitable
out-of-sample.  What is your out-of-sample period?

As you study moon phase (or anything else) as an indicator, particularly
with extensive search or optimization, remember to reserve an out-of-sample
period of time to use for validation.  If the results in the out-of-sample
period are acceptable, then there may be a profitable indicator.  Results
obtained from the in-sample period are Meaningless.

Howard