  From: Ara Kaloustian
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 8:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Cycles and Mesa

  You can find info on cycles on Dr Ehler's web at www.nesasoftware.com

  Based on his work, markets are in cycle mode only about 20% of the time.

  Based on work that I did, I found cycles (at least this method) of very
  limited use. It takes about 2 cycles for software to switch to cyclic mode,
  which is frequently too long to be useful.

  His proprietary Mesa system produces only 60% winning trades (based on his
  numbers).

  Overall my experience has been rather dissapointing ... but a very
  interesting subject.

  Ara