[amibroker] Re: Simulating the trading of a system in real time.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxx> wrote:

> You can run a system in the analysis window, every X minutes.
> If you place alerts (Alertif) you can receive signals either in the
> alert window or via email
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

Hello Graham, thanks for the input.

But the function "Run every X minutes" from the analysis windows
seems (to me) only usable for SCAN and FILTER.

So one has to "manually run (backtest) a system every X minutes".
Almost impossibile to follow all day, isn't it?

Very useful tough, reminding me the "alert if function", that does
have an important role in real time scanning.

But, by the way, also scanning every X minutes is not a final
solution.
I've spend the day receving real time data on two PC's with two
different softwares, and noticed that - for stop order regarding
breakout system - the SCAN option requires the breakout being
effective at the time of the scanning.
Otherwise, if you have  a "false" breakout, that immediately reverse
(that is, a signal that would cost you money in real trading),
chances are the SCAN will never see it.

So today, with same datasource, same stock, same time, it happened I
was long on one simulator and short on the other.

This stuff requires a lot of attention, or to go towards an IB demo
account as Herman pointed out (especially for those which just trade
futures and/or US stock).