[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker

Hello Ric,
First, I'd just like to say that Graham is also very good with coding
ASX systems in AB. And you should also talk to Graham about
this as well. You may gain some valuable insights by having multiple
approaches, perspectives and knowledge bases.
I dare say that Graham (kavemanperth@xxxxxxxxx) may well have a better
grasp of trading techniques and how to apply them than me.
But on the other hand, I am from a Programming/Coding background. And
can nut things out at a higher level than some others.
And I also HIGHLY recommend you join the Amibroker yahoo discussion
group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/)
as there are many people with GREAT knowledge that discuss topics such
as this on a regular basis.

Now, Amibroker as you know is a very flexible and powerful system. And
this can sometimes be a pitfall to those unfamiliar with
it's intricacies. And on that note, Let me say that "Chunking Down" is
often a very valuable technique to system building in AB.

If you are unsure if your stops are acting correctly, Then verify their
operation (In a simple system). Ensure that your expectations match
the operation of the stops at the lowest/simplest level. Once you are
confident they work as you "Expect" then add to your main system.
You may also find it is some other aspect that was not previously
considered to be causing disappointing results in your system.

I am yet to come across operations in Amibroker that do not work. It is
usually a lack of understanding that creates problems.
People often spend much time trying to fit a square peg in a round hole
so to speak. In such cases a different approach will often
yield the expected results. And this is where the Amibroker yahoo groups
comes into play, from other users experiences.

You should try the Amibroker support line (From main website), And also
post the question on the Amibroker yahoo forums.
If you still can not get things working from these almost infinite
resources, Then I'm sure Graham or I can help you further.

    All the best,
       Michael.S.G.

*Carbon copy sent to Amibroker yahoo groups by default.