[amibroker] Re: Buying at open -- In Real Life

Terry, Yes, it looks like a "minutes" type test, but actually was
about 750 trades over 8 years with an average holding time of 6.6
days.
another way to look at the math would be to simply do the compounding
of 4% vs. 3.7% 240 times. (approximately the number of full turns I
got with my stocks over eight years--"back test" data- no way real
life would hold up.). We get 1.04^240 vs. 1.037^240 for 12,246 times
your $ vs. 6,122 times your money, or 50% less with "slippage" of
just 0.3%. I think as long as you can look at things like this in a
backtested system, you will be more aware of things to monitor to see
that you are getting close to what you backtest.
Thanks
Monty

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx> wrote:

> Monty,
>

> I really like your analysis and thinking on this test, but I
> respectfully submit that if your system drops 50% of it's profits
for a
> nickel change is price, something else is wrong -- or you are
trading in
> minutes and not days ;-)
>
> --
>
> Terry