Re: [amibroker] looking for debugging / developing tips

A "cheap and dirty" trick that I use often is to print out values to the
Interpretation window.  For example:
I have three arrays, Long, mBuyPrice, and mSellPrice which are
intermediate values and I don't want to plot or display them on my
charts.  So I just add the following code:

EnableTextOutput(True);
"Long =" + WriteVal(Long);
"Buy = " + WriteVal(mBuyPrice);
"Sell =" + WriteVal(mSellPrice);

Then as I move the cursor from bar to bar on a chart, the values for
these three arrays are displayed in the Interpretation window.

Also, the Interpretation window is a great place to write instructions,
if like me you have a lousy memory.  Or maybe you want to send your
newest/greatest .afl to a newbie friend.  Example:

EnableTextOutput(True);
"Directions for use:\n";
"For Grid lines, use 'Show dates' and 'Middle'.  Using 'Logarithmic' is
optional.\n";
"The Y-axis shows 'normalized' price.\n";
"Planting the 'left' pole by either double clicking or using F12 key,
sets new 'unity' date.  Otherwise 'unity' is on far left.\n";
"Change colored symbols by right clicking chart and selecting
'Parameters'.\n";
"Switch any colored trace off by setting its parameter to 'null'.\n";

-- Keith