[amibroker] Re: new amibroker user

Hello Investadad,

The Ami help manual is the best place to start.
The search features in help are not great but it sometimes helps if
speechmarks are added to the search words e.g. "user defined function".

The manual is well supplemented by support and this forum, which is
also not easy to search but it is worth the effort to persevere.
A lot of excellent tips have been provided in the forum over the years.
Some users receive group messages as mail and sort them in Outlook or
other thread compatible mail programs.
Unfortunately if you search for "filter" in this forum you get over
5000 posts, but you can refine the search.
If you advance-search for filter in the subject line you will get some
hits.
While scrolling through the list of hits if you see a post you are
interested in change to list by group and you can then scroll back and
forwards through the messages in that topic.
When in doubt search for posts on your topic by Tomasz as he provides
a lot of recommendations in this forum on the optimum ways to use Ami.

Some members use PG Offline for managing the forum archives.
http://www.personalgroupware.com/

To get you started go to AmiBroker help manual and look at the AA
features especially /tutorial/AmiBroker Formula Language/How to create
your own exploration.
If you also read the AFL Reference Manual you will see that filter is
listed as a reserved variable for use in the AA window only.
Filter settings/define at the AA window provides for some easy canned
type filters but advanced custom filtering can be done within formulas.

In the long run the best method is to try out a feature in the manual
and then ask the forum for help if you get stuck on a specific task.

BrianB2.