RE: [amibroker] Help on importing data.

Send me your script and broker.industries and broker.sectors and part of
your ticker file ZIPPED up and I'll see what I can do for you.

  _____

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Don Lindberg
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 1:00 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Help on importing data.

 Dingo,
I think I understand what you are saying. I don't quite understand where the
IndustryID goes. I am using the Hemscott Industries broker.industries and
broker.sectors. Looking at these files in NotePad it appears that all
broker.industries does is assign a number 0 thru 9 that corresponds to one
of the 10 sectors in broker.sector. OK so far. My problem is this - the
Industry ID numbers that I get from Yahoo are not just 0 thru 9. They are
unique numbers that correspond to one of 213 IndustryID's. I know that
AmiBroker uses these numbers somehow and stores them in the symbol database.
If I look at the AmiBroker Symbol tree, under Sectors there are some of the
correct catagories (Industries) showing up, but the stocks are not being
assigned correctly. I have looked at the name/ number combination that I
have downloaded and the assignments are correct, but they are not getting
into AmiBroker correctly.

At this point I don't even know if I am making sense, but if I am, can you
give any explanation for the mix-up?

Thanks,
Don Lindberg