Re: [amibroker] Pro's & Con's of running Multiple Copies of AB?

Many users use EOD and Intraday charts simultaneously and many faced problems with "unwanted" crossover effects.
>From my own expierence, running multiple instances of Amibroker will regularly mix up id/eod databases, chart id/eod layouts etc.

So...Tomasz can you pse give us clear instructions how to precisely configure "a multiple instances" setup.

Fred

I am thinking about setting up a second copy of AB so that I can have
a RT runinng and collecting data, and still go to the primary copy and
work with my EOD databases. Firstly, how do I install a 2nd copy? Just
point it at a different base directory during install? Secondly, are
there any problems I can expect with 2 copies running at the same
time? Can I run scripts in both at same time? Will running auto
update on one have any effect on other?

Any advice or thoughts from the group will be greatly appreciated.

Don Lindberg