Re: [amibroker] Re: Buying at open -- In Real Life

Limit shares by % of one bar's volume is one of the worst practices in backtesting.
I am always a bit puzzled by why everybody is concerned about "looking into the future" but few people pay attention to this practice.
It is "looking into the future" in terms of volume! When you place an order in the morning, do you know today's volume?
And position sizing has great impact on system performance.

Anyway, to use 1% EMA(V,50) of today as limit for tomorrow's entry, you may need to use CBT to do backtest.
Here is what I do: (normal position size is 10% of equity)

SetPositionSize(EMA(V,50) * 0.01 * BuyPrice, spsValue );

if( Status("action") == actionPortfolio )

{

bo = GetBacktesterObject();

for ( sig=bo.GetFirstSignal(bar); sig; sig=bo.GetNextSignal(bar))

{

// Only one position per symbol

if (sig.isEntry() AND sig.Price != -1 AND IsNull( bo.FindOpenPos( sig.Symbol )))

{

// sig.PosSize is passed from Phase I. It is %1 of EMA(V, 50).

ps = Min(sig.PosSize, bo.Equity * 0.10);

// long only

bo.EnterTrade(bar, sig.symbol, True, sig.Price, ps, sig.PosScore,sig.RoundLotSize);

}

}