From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ernie Newman
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 16:17
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Peak and Tough Functions

 I don't understand how the Peak and Trough functions work?
I would like to have a condition that if Peak 1 > Peak 2 then continue.
Peak 1 would be the most recent hhv as a peak and peak 2 would be the
peak before peak 1. To me a peak is defined as Ref(high,-2) < Ref(high,-
1) and Ref(high,-1) > high today.
 The below says that Peak needs a % change and something about Zig Zag
function. I just want the latest peak to be greater than the peak
before it.

peak(ARRAY, change, n = 1)
RETURNS ARRAY
FUNCTION  Gives the value of ARRAY n-th peak(s) ago. This uses the Zig
Zag function (see Zig Zag) to determine the peaks. n =1 would return
the value of the most recent peak. n =2 would return the value of the
2nd most recent peak. Caveat: this function is based on Zig-Zag
indicator and may look into the future.
EXAMPLE peak(close,5,1)

THANKS
Ernie