[amibroker] Re: Consistancy between various databases

Hello Don,

I can't add anything to the good answers you have already received on
a workable method.
As an interesting lateral thought, I have been speculating on the
subject.
I intend to use an SQL database as a 'universal' source of categories
accessible in all databases.
I can't see why it won't work.
It can almost certainly be done at the formula level.
After that I will look at populating each database information page
from there using the category functions etc.
I might even manage to automate it one day.
At this stage it is only speculation but it might give the clever
users something to think about.

I posted a wild suggestion at the feedback center for AB to provide a
maintained Universal broker file(s) that would automatically assign
categories etc across databases.
Understandably it is a long way from suggestion to implementation and
there are a lot of filters for it to get through.

BrianB2.