[amibroker] SQL databases

SQL database is the best ODBC Universal plugin option?

I have plans for the 'external' database feature.
So far I have tried accessing CSV and Excel tables from AB.
CSV was sluggish and I couldn't get Xcel to work, although I didn't
try too hard on the Xcel.
Tomasz/support recommended SQL as the better option.
I haven't tried SQL  yet but it looks easy enough.

Would anyone like to comment on the pluses/minuses of SQL versus the
rest?
Would SQL have a speed advantage?

I appreciate that it is not quite as universal as MSFT programs
although AB provided a free SQL link.

http://www.mysql.com/

Thanks to everyone who is posting on the Access topic.
I still intend to learn how to use Access/Xcel as well.
My general computing skills are average so I am very happy to be able
to sit back and follow you guys or gals on this stuff.

BrianB2.