[amibroker] Re: Help with latest IQFeed Client

For what it's worth, I was the user who reported the "data mixup" w/
the IQFEED earlier in the spring.   When running IQFEED just as a
realtime data source it seemed to work ok, but when running it along
with an AA data got mixed up.    I was able to repeat this problem
multiple times.   I reported it to AmiBroker as well as I hounded the
folks at IQFEED about it.   (If you check their boards you will see my
messages).

Unfortunately, Tomasz says its and IQFEED problem and IQFEED says its
not their software so, ultimately I just gave up and cancelled my
IQFEED and added a 2nd eSignal feed.    Unfortunately if I wanted 500
concurrent symbols for realtime this will cost me an extra $500 or so
per year but it just wasn't worth the aggrevation trying to figure out
why IQFEED wasn't working.

More recently I looked into Quote.com data feed (about 2 weeks ago)
because it is cheap and they have more than 6 months of backfill data
but was told by AmiBroker support that it was not as reliable as
Esignal and that the backfill feature either didn't work or wasn't as
robust.

I love AmiBroker and have been thrilled with the changes that have
been made and continue to be made.  For me support has also been
great.   I've now written a ton of scans and have some realtime
systems working.

At some point I therefore just had to make the decision that if I
wanted to use AmiBroker realtime the only realtime data feed that is
any good with AmiBroker is Esignal.    I'm not thrilled about that
because I think eSignal is overpriced - but that is the way things
are.   There is nothing I can do to change it and I love AmiBroker so
until something better comes along I'll use Esignal.

Hopefully in the next year or so another good datavendor will come
through and/or we can resolve the IQFeed problems but until then its
Esignal for me.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "global_investor"