RE: RE: [amibroker] Re: I am lostII

Its Powerscan:  http://www.amitools.com/

  _____

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Terry
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:47 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: [amibroker] Re: I am lostII

See Steve's reply because the big difference in AFL is the array processing
as Steve explained.

The books were for Excel VBA programming (macros) because that's what you
asked for. VBA is, in a way, quite similar to AB when using loops. They are
just constructed a little different. I learned Basic programming first, then
VBA (which is also a variation of BASIC). I picked up AFL from there with a
little intro by an experienced trader and then just doing it, reading help
files and asking a few questions along the way.

Just look at some of the basic formulas you find in AB charts or the
library. Take the ones that don't look too complicated and understand them.
Change a few things. You'll be surprised at what you can learn. There is
also (someone please help here) an automated AFL code writer. You tell it
your rules and it writes code. You can then see what it did.

--

Terry