Re: [amibroker] Preview for afl file-window

BlankHello Herman  - Several of us in the Houston community use Textpad editor (we got into this mode in using another product, - TRADE with FastTrack) to open/close multiple files.  It has a nice feature that it displays the opened files tree, with text shading to indicate what's been changed, saved etc.

For example if I want to open multiple files I can select these 10 files as I would in Windows mode by holding the shift key while selecting.  All files are opened  with the first one in display.  It's now easy to toggle from one window to the other to bring the focus to the file I want displayed.  It has what I'll call syntax color coding that can be customized.  It has a full function Search - find, find in files, find and replace, find next, find previous etc.

When the forum was kicking around ideas about the editor I suggested that Tomasz add this kind of function  for the AB editor. Of course it would be preferable to have that function in AB, because what I miss sorely by using TextPad is the precompiler and syntax checker.  Tomasz did enhance the AB editors search/replace function and as he pointed out you can open multiple instances of the editor and float them around the screen if you have enough real estate.
I think the problem of finding the correct file by sorting out the names/version in each opened editor window is one of the challenges. Maybe having a tab
strip showing opened file (something available in TextPad also.

Oh and I forgot to mention the ability to turn on/off line numbering

Bottom line - I'd like to have most of the features of Textpad but not at the expense of delaying other AB features, like enhancements to the portfolio program.

We should put this in the suggestion area as a help to Tomasz

Best regards
JOE