[amibroker] Re: Historical Fundamental Data

Hello Ramesh,

If you want to download historical data from the NSE you can use
AmiQuote.
Using the example RCOM.
Enter RCOM.NS into the download list at AmiQuote.
(You need to add .NS to all Indian stock symbols listed on the
Indian national exchange).
Select Yahoo historical as the download site and then download into
AmiQuote followed by import in to AmiBroker.
To add or append the intraday price to the daily chart repeat the
procedure with Yahoo Current as the download site.
This will download Indian NSE prices from Yahoo international.
The downloads from there may not be for all NSE stock or may be
limited in back dates.

You can also go to http://in.finance.yahoo.com/ enter the symbol,
select historical and download the history into a CSV file which you
could then import into AmiBroker using ASCII import.

Another way to get NSE data is to go to the NSE site
http://www.nseindia.com/
enter the symbol
select historical
select security-wise price volume data and download it into a CSV
file from there.
It can then be imported into AmiBroker.

Some people use and recommend the Yahoo downloader MRL Downloader
from http://www.trading-tools.com/

It can download more data from the NSE than AmiQuotes.
It also downloads into Metastock formula so you can then use the
Metastock plugin and read the charts straight in AmiBroker.

There are some other Yahoo forums for the NSE with quite a few
members

1. India-StockMarket

119 Members, Archives: Membership required
Open House Discussion Group On Indian Stock Markets

2. stockmarket

417 Members, Archives: Membership required
The Indian Stock Market discussion group The Indian Stock Market
discussion group focusses on "pragmatic" and

"technical" discussion of the Indian Stock market. The areas of
discussion are: stock market basics da-lal street vs

da-wall street technical analysis and techniques fundamental
analysis and techniques index movement analysis stock

specific analysis charting techniques cycle, sector rotation
analysis FII, MF, hedge fund and punters (operators)

behaviour and techniques books, papers and ...(more)

3. Amibroker_India_Charting
90 Members, Archives: Membership required
Amibroker Charting for INDIAN Stocks. This group will be dedicated
for charting of Indian stocks using Amibroker. I

welcome all to our own group. I am no champion of Amibroker infact
just a learner. What I can contribute is my

inputs towards better trading and I expect others to do the same. We
need to analyse evrything. Lets us all induldge

in making a good trading system which helps us in earning money
which is basic interest of all of us.

I am sure they could offer better help than this forum.

I wish you all the best in your trading adventures.

BrianB.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kabadiramesh" <kabadiramesh@xxx>
wrote:

> Sir,
> 14/07/2006
>

> I AM RAMESH NEEDED NSE'S ( INDIAS STOCK MARKET ) FREE AVAIL /
VIEWING OF
> NSE'S HISTORICAL INTRADAY EQUITY CO-MOVEMENT CHARTS WITH OPTIONAL
DATES.

> PLEASE GUIDE ME IN THIS REGARDS.
>
> THANKING YOU,
>
> YRS FAITHFULLY,
>
> ramesh
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@> wrote:
> >
> > Now you see it, now you don't.
> >
> > Here it is!
> >
> > http://betterinvesting.stores.yahoo.net/23303.html
> > http://nt3.zacks.com/default.htm
> > http://online.barrons.com/public/main
> > http://sec.freeedgar.com/
> > http://today.reuters.com/news/home.aspx
> > http://www.aaii.com/stockinvestor/intro/
> > http://www.angelfire.com/in/vestinukgrowthshares/cdrefs.html
> > http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/af/home?xtm-
licensee=aspecthuntley
> [...]
> > http://www.globalfinancialdata.com/index.php3
> > http://www.hemscottdata.com/
> > http://www.investmenteasy.com/home.aspx
> > http://www.it is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the
> > facts.Sherlock Holmes
> > http://www.market-eye.co.uk/
> > http://www.marketdata.sungard.com/
> > http://www.msodata.com/
> > http://www.perfectinfo.com/product_detail.asp?productid=4
> > http://www.qaisoftware.com/index.html
> > http://www.rimes.com/index.xmp
> > http://www.securities.com/
> > http://www.thomson.com/index.jsp
> > http://www.trackdata.com/
> > http://www.tradetools.com/web/scripts/default.asp
> > http://www.valueline.com/
> > http://www.wvb.com/
> > http://www.zacks.com/
> > http://www2.standardandpoors.com/servlet/Satellite?
> > pagename=sp/Page/HomePg&r=1&l=EN&b=10
> >
> > Some offer full financials, some are summarised (financial or key
> > statistics/ratios) and the third possiblity also applies.
> >
> > Brian.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" brian.z123@
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Historical fundamental data providers.
> > >

> > > Here is a list of links to sites that provide historical fdata
> > that
> > > may be of interest to AB users when the SQL plug-in is
released.

> > > Some of them were reviewed by forum members at the 'New
> > Fundamental
> > > Data' and 'Institutional Ownership' topics.
> > >
> > > Most are USA market biased with some global providers and a
couple
> > > for specific markets (UK and Aus - sorry I don't have any for
> > other
> > > individual markets).
> > > They include retail investor providers, investment club
providers,
> > > academic providers (free to accredited people???) and
> > institutional
> > > level data (some institutional providers package parts of their
> > > systems for individual users).
> > >
> > > The links don't necessarily lead straight to the data; some
> > snooping
> > > around is required in some cases.
> > > It might also contain errors or dead leads.
> > >
> > > It is not a complete list by any means but includes most of the
> > main
> > > suspects.
> > > Any further leads would be welcomed, including non-English
> > speaking
> > > sites/markets (as long as the post is in English).
> > > The criteria for the list is that the database must include
some
> > > industry standard fundamental data and be exportable in a
format
> > > that can be used by AB or other similar programs (for those who
> > own
> > > more than one software package).
> > > For anyone who has info readily available; providers home
country,
> > > site URL, market, cost, instruments covered, database length,
EOD