Re: [amibroker] Re: Historical Fundamental Data

Brian - A few notes back someone mentioned that SI Pro had a feature to
export data.  I fired up the dated
version I have and found that the data is organized in 22 tables/files that
can be exported one at a time.  Also there
are keys that get exported with each file.  If any interest I can store 2 or
3 of these keys in the files section
of the fundamental forum for folks to consider,  if you'll clue me into the
link to that forum.

The Standard Table export consists of  6.8 MB  in XLS format.
There are 7968 issues back in 2004
 Formats available are XLS, Lotus, XBase(dbf), fixed  length, comma
separated, or tab separated fields.

I'm still working on it but what I see are 2 dimensional  tables,  ticker
rows by column data, as a sample
of  the Growth Rates keys table below shows.  Looks like the historical
aspect is relative coarse grained
going back 8 years on some fields, but that's expected since the statistics
are reported quarterly.
A stumper is how would you get a historical institutional ownership unless
you had collected the monthly CDs over
8 years.  I could be off the mark here, and if so would appreciate someone
setting me straight.

Probably more than you'd want to know.  Looks to be a lot of work to
interface to SQL server, even with
the SQL Server's data transformation tool.

Best regards
JOE

      short_name long_name
      COMPANY Company name