Re: [amibroker] Re: Ascii vs. Metastock format opions please

You do not need Metastock software. Most Downloader programs give option to store the data in Metastock format as it is the most common format most TA packages support. AB can read Metastock files directly via MS Plugin.

John

--- Original Message -----
  From: areehoi
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:19 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Ascii vs. Metastock format opions please

  To continue with the metastock data you will have to keep using
  Metastock and daily updating its database. As I former MetaStock user
  I found this inconvenient and swithed to the USStocks database (now th
  Hemscott db). To me it is a no brainer to use ascii data as it is more
  compatible with most software.

  Dick H