[amibroker] Re: The New Fundamental Data

I think from the Yahoo data or most data sources you can only get data
for a point in time.

The easiest way to get historical data that you could use as a filter
or post is through the AAII (american associate of Indiv Investors).
 For $200 or so a year (I don't recall the exact amount) they offer
you data from REuters in a download or cd rom format that has data for
about 8000 stocks.  It has a ton of fundemental data.

It is easy to build filters (I have done it) and then export lists.
You could say, show me all stocks where institutional ownership has
gone up by x% from the last quarter then export just this list.

You can also customize the columns so you could have the last 8
quarters (that is as far back as it goes) showing you the % of
institutional ownership each quarter then export this and using the
file reading functions in amibroker you could plot that in some manner.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Kuball <stevekub101161@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Don,
>   I was wondering if you have gotten any response on your question?
>   It is also something I have been watching but through a different
medium called star trader. Would you please inform me of any
information you get on institutional ownership?
>   Steve Kuball
>   stevekub101161@xxx
>
> Don Lindberg <dlindber@xxx> wrote:
>           Is there a way to get this data on a historical basis. I
want to build
> an indicator based on the %Owned by Institutions that would show
> ownership at any choosen point in time. Is this possible, or am I
> limited to current day?

Great rates starting at 1¢/min.