[amibroker] Re: EOD data

Just curious ... why would you want to mess around with another
downloader.  I am an ex long time Metastock user and used one of these
programs to download into Metastock.  WhenI switched to AmiBroker I
found the AmiQuote just as good or better than any of them. Also
rather than us the MS Plug in I went direct to the USStocks database
with industry and sector setup(which Metastock didn't have).  I have
since gone to the Hemscott updated database. I use EODData + Yahoo as
my data source (both free) and find them adequate for what I do.  See
my post (message # 98252) for details on how accomplished.

Dick H

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John R" <jr-ta@xxx> wrote:

> MLDownloader stores data into Metastock and/or Ascii files. To use
MLD with AB the easiest method is to store downloaded data in MS
format and then configure AB database to read the MS files directly
via the AB MS Plugin. Ascii files can of course easily be imported
into AB if that suits you better.

> John

maintain some data in MS format and Ami format.