[amibroker] Re: EOD data

CAUTION; re my previous comment:

'It appears that it is either not possible or difficult
to 'create'holes via AQ downloading but it is something to watch out
for'.

With a some further playing around I have managed to create a
datafile with 'holes' in it by manually downloading/importing with
specific from/to dates.

screenshot file at AMIQUOTES folder.

Brian.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx>
wrote:

> Allan,
>
> I have very little experience of Yahoo/AmiQuote but from my
initial
> trials I have two areas of concern:
>
> 1. From the help files V1.90 Beta June8, 2006
>
> Yahoo uses server load-balancing so data are delivered by many
> servers "appearing" under one URL. Problem is that some servers
from
> timem to time are not updated (offer only old data) while others
are
> up-to-date. This new setting allows to handle such cases by
selecting
> the server that is up-to-date. Default setting
is "ichart.yahoo.com"
> which works in usual load-balancing scheme (switched servers). But
you
> can also select Server B, C, D, and E. As of today (June 8th)
servers
> B and D offer up-to-date data, while server C and E offer old data
> (only upto 4th and 3rd of June respectively). This may however
change
> at any time. Please note that selection of Servers C, D and E is
> available only in registered version of AmiQuote.
>
> That is from the notes for an earlier version so I am not sure
what
> year that is relevant to, if it still applies and/or if it only
> applies to historical data or to current and fdata downloads as
well.

> 2. My second concern was to find out if it is possible to create
holes
> in the data by mis-managing the download(s).
>
> After a little playing around I am of the opinion that AQ works by
> backfilling from the biggest 'hole' in the data to the present by
> default except where the user asks for more data than the default
date
> via use of the 'download from' date.
> It appears that it is either not possible or difficult
> to 'create'holes via AQ downloading but it is something to watch
out
> for.
>
> Brian.
>
> P.S
>
> A couple of minor points re the difficulty of managing symbol
lists
> with Yahoo:
>
> I haven't found a way to get a complete list of all symbols that
Yahoo