From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of msc626
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 5:08 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Question about rotational mode trading...

My understanding is that it is based upon your Positionscore = xxx
statement :
Positionscore = ROC(C,10); // for example
posqty = 1;
SetOption("WorstRankHeld",3);
SetOption("MaxOpenPositions",posqty);
Positionsize = -100/posqty;

The stocks you are trading are ranked by their score.
The #1 stock on the list is purchased and held until its positionscore
rank is below #3. Then the #1 stock on the list according to ROC(C,10)
is purchased.
Pretty straightforward.

The only caveat is that Positionscore returns the _absolute value_, so
a score of -100 is greater than a score of 90. Unless you really want
to do this, do something like
score = ROC(C,10);
Positonscore = score + 1000; //OR
score = ROC(C,10);
positonscore = IIf(score > 0, score, 0 );
This will insure that negative scores are lower ranked.

dale b

<http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?enablerotationaltrading>
r.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?enablerotationaltrading

> This is a vague statement as it does not mention any specific units of
> measure. Is WorstRankHeldmeasured in percentile ranking of the
PositionScores? Is there a