  From: Terry
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 4:40 PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Creating a surrogate for price?

  Not sure what you are really after.

  What you did was create a reference to YESTERDAY's close. It will change
  every day as you discovered. If you just want the first close of the
  data to remain constant, try this:

  InitalSurrogateClose = C[0] + 5;

  Gets and stores the very first piece of data into a NUMERIC variable.
  This is essentially now a CONSTANT you can use in further calcs.
  --
  Terry