From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of orionsturtle
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 08:28
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Creating a surrogate for price?

Question: How do I reference the first close in a data set, perform a
calculation on it and that becomes the new surrogate close going
forward?

ie. Dow close 5 yrs ago = 9500

    surrogate dow close = 9500+5

If I use:
InitalSurrogateClose = ref(c,-1)+ 5 ;
SurrogateClose = InitalSurrogateClose + 5;

it works for the first bar in the data set but then continues to
reference the real close. I need to Isolate this first surrogate close
and I an just not seeing it. Please help if you understand what I'm
after.

Thank you!