Re: [amibroker] Re: Is this posiible in any software?

Hi intermilan04,

Sunday, June 4, 2006, 3:59:48 AM, you wrote:

i> By reading the manual/help file?

i> I don't argue against people asking simple questions, but I'd rather
i> see advanced topics whose answers don't reside in the user manual.

i> intermilan04

The problem with a simple idea like "simply" "reading the manual" is
that certain bodies of information eventually get deep enough that a
significant portion of people who want to tap that knowledge can only
go so far on their own, "manual" or no "manual".

This is why schools have *teachers*, as well as just books. One is
expected to read one's homework, but one is also expected to ask when
understanding is not clear.

Sure, there is a potential "free-rider" problem on a largely
anonymous list like this.  But some kids take up too much of the
teacher's time, too, either needlessly or because of genuine need.
And neither of you, nor I, are able to make an always-accurate
judgment about this -- in either case.

"Live and let live".  It's in the forum rules, in the files section.

Yuki