Re: [amibroker] OT: Data (Was: Need to fix Database - recommendations wanted)

Hi Nick,

Tuesday, May 23, 2006, 9:09:13 PM, you wrote:

NA> I am not a fan of esignal either - DTN is worse. In 'brisk' markets (not
NA> fast)  there data lags IB considerably. I guess esignal are concidered
NA> 'cheap' (haha) compared to 'professional' feeds.

I'm just a fan of accuracy -- within reason.  When eSignal is still
wrong weeks after the fact, and the error has been pointed out to
them, that is very troublesome. Of course, if one is trading
intraday, erroneous data is even more troublesome, albeit somehow
somewhat more understandable.

I will not pay them any longer to monitor and report on the accuracy
of their data. They actually had the gall to ask me to do that.  I
have enough things going on without needing to verify eSignal data
against known-good data on a nightly basis.  They have never once
offered so much as a service discount in return for that labor, even.
I consider them a bad joke.  Luckily for me, I have no trading system
that requires intraday data.  Maybe I could develop one, but based on
what data???  eSignal's inaccurate and therefore wildly overpriced
data??? Sure ...

Yuki

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM