RE: [amibroker] Re: Rotational Trading question

If you are asking "how can I know how many stocks will have ROC > 0 before they are bought?"  then you will need to have a "for loop" at the beginning of your code that reads each stock from your watchlist using "GetCategorySymbols" and tests the ROC and if > 0 adds 1 to your count.  Then after the for loop you'll put your buy/sell code and the setting of positionsize, etc.

There are examples in the Amibroker Library on how to do this..  Look for GetCategorySymbols.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ima_cons
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:00 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Rotational Trading question

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxx>
wrote:

> You should use PositionSize to vary your allocation on trade-by-
trade basis.

How can I adjust PositionSize trade by trade? Can you give us an
example?

In the dingo's example above, if you set Position Size = - 10 and
have 20 stocks passing the "screening" criteria, you will just buy
10 of them (1/10 of available capital for each one).

If you set PositionSize = - 20 and have just 10 stocks that satisfy
your criteria, your capital stays 50% in cash.

In my understanding, with Rotational trading I can buy – for
example - those N stocks that have highest ROC in my universe (where
N is constant).
But .... can I buy all " N" stocks which ROC is > 0 (of course N
changes every time)?

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS