[amibroker] Re: Rotational Trading question

Positionsize can be an array. Look in the userguide.

If you're looking for something more complicated, like adjusting the
weights of your existing holdings (i.e. stocks which you're already
long/short and also pass the next rotationals), you will need to use
the custom backtester.

PS
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ima_cons" <ima_cons@xxx> wrote:

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@>
> wrote:
>
> > You should use PositionSize to vary your allocation on trade-by-
> trade basis.
> >

> How can I adjust PositionSize trade by trade? Can you give us an
> example?
>
> In the dingo's example above, if you set Position Size = - 10 and
> have 20 stocks passing the "screening" criteria, you will just buy
> 10 of them (1/10 of available capital for each one).
>
> If you set PositionSize = - 20 and have just 10 stocks that satisfy
> your criteria, your capital stays 50% in cash.
>
> In my understanding, with Rotational trading I can buy – for
> example - those N stocks that have highest ROC in my universe
(where
> N is constant).
> But .... can I buy all " N" stocks which ROC is > 0 (of course N
> changes every time)?

GFT Forex Trading Accounts As low as $250 with up to 400:1 Leverage. Free Demo.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lpv1TA/jlQNAA/U1CZAA/GHeqlB/TM