Re: [amibroker] Amibroker CPU Utilization

Hello,

This is not so that "zero data are coming in". Even with very light trading or no trading at all, real time data sources
send updates NON-STOP (because otherway, when one connected in the middle of the night you will not know what the last
price was until start of trading - so last bid / ask and last size notifications are sent periodically even if no trading occurs,
also with no trading, other updates are sent such as updates to other RTQ fields and updates about ask/bid -
with no trading ask/bid can still change).
And as data are really coming in, so your charts refresh as often as you defined it in
Tools->Preferences->Intraday "Chart retresh interval". You may increase this value if you want less often refreshes
and less CPU use.

Each chart refresh takes about the same time and it does not depend if there is a heavy trading or not because
of fixed interval at which charts are refreshed.

And yes if your indicators take 1 second to calculate it means that they need optimization.
Even on tick database our timings should be half of that or less. On minute database timings should be below 0.01 sec.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com