Re: [amibroker] Which is the future of the AB API interface ? Does the Dot Net langages (like : C #, VB.NET, etc...) will be added to the API interface ?

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Which is the future of the AB API interface ? Does the Dot Net langages (like : C #, VB.NET, etc...) will be added to the API interface ?
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:13:56 +0200

Hello,

1. I already explained in the past that I am *not* interested in moving to .NET because it is clumsy and slow,
incompatible with old Windows versions (which are still in use). Personally I consider .NET as pathetic Microsoft
attempt to "fight" with Java-based solutions.
Both are slow, have huge resource consumption and I am not interested in porting AmiBroker
to something that brings NOTHING but slowness.

The only change that will appear in DLL API is the release of 64-bit version of the ADK
but it will remain the native binary x86/x64 interface.

2. As for "very limited to compare at OLE" I can not agree with statement like this.
ADK and OLE interfaces serve COMPLETELY DIFFERENT purposes !

ADK API is for extending AFL functions and creation of data plugins.
These are exlusive tasks for ADK and they are not the area of OLE.
And similarly OLE is provided to automate tasks and this is not the area of ADK.

ADK covers areas where SPEED is the key while OLE covers the area where "easy of use (programming)" is the key.

And if you code in C you can already use  BOTH interfaces right now.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com
Which is the future of the AB API interface ?
Does the Dot Net langages (like : C #, VB.NET, etc...) will be added to the
API interface ?

Does the API interface of AB will be enlarge ?
Currently it is very limited to compare at the OLE interface.

Regards.

Tintin92

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS