[amibroker] Re: GetExtraData

Hi,

I've done some testing/debugging in this area to try and better
understand the meanings.  Here's some of what I've learned.  There's
probably more that can be done (and please share back if you find out
more), but this should help somewhat..:

Shares - reported in THOUSANDS
SharesFloat - reported in MILLIONS
SharesOut - reported in MILLIONS
Sales - reported in MILLIONS
TTMSales - reported per share (I believe)

Notes/Tips:
* QP data originates from Reuters.  I verified this with Gary
(founder/owner of QP).

* I always notice that Shares and SharesFloat are usually the same,
not sure what the diff is?

* Some extra data are arrays as you have found out.  Unfortunately, QP
(perhaps because Reuters itself has this limitation) does not provide
more than 20 quarters I believe (i.e., 5 years) of historical
fundamental data for these array based data points.  I've requested QP
to consider having full fundamental data going forward so that this
data is not lost.  The more user's clamor for it, the more likely that
vendor will react :-)

* To verify my findings, I cross-referenced my data outputs against
Yahoo Finance and Reuters fundamentals stats.  I usually test against
2 different symbols (one that yields annual dividends and one that
does not -- e.g., NFI and EBAY).  Note, you need to register (its
free) for Reuter's detailed pages:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=NFI
http://www.investor.reuters.com/CompanyOverview.aspx?ticker=NFI&target=/stocks/quickinfo/companyprofile/overview

* When verifying, I've noticed the web pages above take awhile to get
latest data and this may be the reason for some of the discrepancy you
may notice against latest QP data..

Regards,

JD