Re: [amibroker] CSI Data --- getting clean stock data --- and mutual fund data

Tim:

I have no experience with CSI's mutual fund data. Nor have
I heard any user comment on this data.

CSI's futures/commodities data apparently is outstanding
clean according to reviews in trade magazines. Currently I
do not use futures data.

As for their stock data, a now retired hedge fund partner
tells me it is quite clean - although he has occassionally
let them know of a few prices which do not match data from
other suppliers. I believe CSI has a person that does
nothing else but double check price differences.

Price differences can arise for legitimate reasons. For
example, sometimes trades made today will get "busted"
tomorrow if a broker can prove to an exchange that a trade
should not have taken place. So today's EOD data might have
a low or high price that reflects a trade made today but if
that trade gets cancelled tomorrow then the high or low for
today will no longer be correct. Thus a correction will be
needed once this is discovered. CSI takes the time to check
for such changes and their daily download will often
include corrections for previous days.

I like the fact CSI wants to have the cleanest data
possible.

http://mail.yahoo.com