Re: [amibroker] Re: GetExtraData

Cato - I 'm not clear on why that happens except that when you have an old DLL in the specific
copy of AB that you are using. I had a miscue earlier this week when I was using an older version of the DLL
and trying the getextradata for Sales and EPS.

Best regards
JOE

A new version of Quotes Plus plugin (v1.5.0) has been just released.
It is available for download from:
http://www.amibroker.com/bin/QP2.dll  (20KB)

After downloading you should copy it to "Plugins" subfolder of AmiBroker directory.
Make sure that only one copy of QP2.dll is present in that directory,
otherwise it won't work (just in case as Windows tends to create "Copy of..." files)

CHANGES COMPARED TO 1.4.3

+ Added "Retrieve actively traded symbols only" to the "Configure" dialog

   when checked (by default) then retrieve gets only issues with issue_status = '0' (actively traded). All other issues are skipped.
   when unchecked all symbols in QP2 database are retrieved (even invalid/test ones)

+ GetExtraData now supports two new historical fundamental data fields "Sales" and "EPS"

    Sales and EPS historical figures are provided by QP2 on quarterly basis.
    Since QP2 reports dates for this data only in YYYYMM format (without day),
    to ensure no future is referenced, AmiBroker returns data for given fiscal quarter starting from the first
   day of NEXT month occurring after Sales/EPS date provided by QP2.

   Example:
   Plot(GetExtraData("Sales"), "Sales", colorRed );
   Plot(GetExtraData("EPS"), "EPS", colorGreen );

+ "Retrieve" generates more detailed groupings now:

  index, common stocks,  preferred stocks, ADR, warrant or right, mutual or investment trust fund,
  convertible preferred, ETF, Unit - (UIT), certificate, Unit

+ Undefined industry now appears under Undefined sector instead of "Internet"

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com