[amibroker] Re: Short system advice?

Herman,

I'm curious -- have you found that most trades (all products, all
exchanges) should be dumped within a certain % profit zone? Does
this zone change from exchange to exchange, or by other factors? Or
are you determining this based on an analysis of each individual
stock, prior to trading it?

What are people finding to be the best method?

I will be working with profit stops alongside stop losses, in
optimization. I used to do that a few years ago, but stopped for
some reason -- I think I may have gotten poor results at the time,
with them. Will look at it again.

Thanks,

Brian

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Yes i like to develop short term systems: the shorter the better,
usually
> 1-10 minute trades. imo, The significance of a signal fades
quickly.  And
> yes, I meant ApplyStop() type stops where you set the position to
close at a
> given % trade DD. Invariably maxloss stops make me "lock in
Losses" and the