RE: [amibroker] Re: Plotting composite indicators

Hi Bill,

I take it that you are using TC2005 as an EOD data source for AB like me.

I am pretty sure that I cannot provide an answer but am hoping to help shed
some light on the issue so as others may be able to come up with a solution
or an explanation.

When you click on the menu option Symbol, and then slide down and click on
Categories, a window pops open that allows you to view the Markets, Groups,
Sectors, Industries, and Watch lists.

When you click on the Industries tab, a very long list of Industries is
displayed.  For each Industry that you select, a box on the right hand side
will display the sector that that particular industry is associated with.
Underneath the sector will be a box which will be where we have to enter in
the index or symbol that will be the base index for relative strength
calculations.

This list of Industries are Media General Industries that do not end with a
zero (MG131, MG132, etc but not MG130). Does TC2005 call them
Sub-Industries?  Amibroker has assigned those that end with a zero -
Sectors.

I had to enter in the base index for each of these industries with the
associated MG # for example Aerospace/Defense Major Diversified with MG611.
That whole process probably took me an hour.  If someone can take my efforts
and instruct me how to create a file that others can use for importing or
using with a script so as to save time, please let me know.

There is no place to enter in a base index for relative strength for the
Sectors (all those groups ending with a zero MG130 etc.).

This may or may not be part of your problem.  If I am way off base, I do
apologize.  I've been traveling and playing catch up.

By the way, thanks to Steve I do have code that does the following:
On one sheet I have four panes,
- The top pane is the stock prices in candlesticks without volume.
- The second pane has code that determines if the stock is a NYSE, NAZ, or
AMEX stock and plots that particular major market index with volume.
- The next pane determines the Sector that the stock is associated with and
plots the sector index with volume.
-The fourth pane determines the Industry that the stock is associated with
and plots the industry index with volume.
The purpose of this sheet is to visually compare the stock with it's Major
Market, Sector, and Industry.

My next goal is to work with the code and create some relative performance
line overlays of the stock compared to it's Sector and Industry.

Regards,

Dave