[amibroker] Elders Impulse system (was Re: Swing Trading - Strategy Performance)

Anyone of you had experience using Elders Imuple that the signal
triggered a couple of days ago but disappeared afterwards? I tried to
optimize the ema parameter upto two days, probably this is the reason?
thanks for sharing.

Other than this, I still have the problem that the buy signal is in
exploration/scan, but,isn't in the backtest result.

Regards
Gaomfen

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Dane,
>
> Using expand first is an aggressive way of trading ... it provides
early signals or warnings if you prefer ... If you use multiple
indicators and multiple time frames I feel you would be safe.

> By multiple I don't mean you need lots of them. I use CCI and MACD
on 2 or 3 time frames and look at stochastics to make sure issue is
not in oversold or overbought area.

> In summary, I think it is well worth the risk of early signals. The
3x and 9x time frames I chose are quite arbitrary and were for
initial functionality test only.

> You need to test and select the appropriate time frames to suit
your style.

> Ara

that re-expands the compressed time zone with expandFirst?  I am able
to get incredible backtest results from this system.  I just wonder
if its too good to be true because it is looking into the future?
How does AB's backtester walk through time?  Does it only calculate a
point in time based on the past bars, including when it compresses
into another time zone?

>   Thanks for any information anyone can share - before I start
trading real capitol I want to have a better idea if its going to
work for real?

>   Dane
>
>   Ara Kaloustian wrote:
>     Code attached ... you need to change "txt" filename suffix
to "afl" to make
>     it work

Trading - Strategy
>     Performance)
>

>     > HI Ara Kaloustian
>     > May I request to share the code you have modified fo intraday
>     > Thanx
>     >
>     > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@>
wrote:
>     > >
>     > > Normal.dot TemplateI modified the time frame to 3 and 9
times base
>     > period and that seems to work fine ... at least at first site.
>     > >
>     > > so replace "inweekly" with "Interval(1) * 3" etc ...
>     > >
Performance
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >   I don't but it runs in Intraday 15 mn ; so it can also
Intraday
>     > I suppose.
>     > >
>     > >   Good trades
>     > >   PIERRE
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
AMIBROKER.
>     > >   >> He/it gives very interesting results.
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >> I will be delighted to have your recommendation.
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >> Best regards,
>     > >   >> PIERRE
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >> legris-pira@
Performance
> [...]
>     > >   >> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >> For other support material please check also:
>     > >   >> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >> Yahoo! Groups Links
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >>
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   > Please note that this group is for discussion between
users
>     > only.
>     > >   >
>     > >   > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail
directly to
>     > >   > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>     > >   >
>     > >   > For other support material please check also:
>     > >   > http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   > Yahoo! Groups Links
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >   >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >   Please note that this group is for discussion between
users only.
>     > >
>     > >   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail
directly to
>     > >   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>     > >
>     > >   For other support material please check also:
>     > >   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
estate
>     > investment software  Investment property software
>     > >         Software support  Real estate investment analysis
>     > software  Investment software
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > ------------------------------------------------------------
-------
>     > -----------
>     > >   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>     > >
>     > >     a..  Visit your group "amibroker" on the web.
>     > >
>     > >     b..  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>     > >
>     > >     c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms
>     > of Service.
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > ------------------------------------------------------------
-------
>     > -----------
>     > >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>     >
>     > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>     > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>     >
>     > For other support material please check also:
>     > http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>     >
>     >
>     > Yahoo! Groups Links
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >

--------
> //File: DEV - Elders Impulse
> //From Amibroker board
>
> /*******************************************************************
*******
> Name		:	Elder Impulse Indicator
> Coded by	:	Lal
> Date		:	28.10.2005
> Note		: 	Please refer to Elder's "Come Into my
Trading Room"

********/

> // User-defined parameter for EMA periods
> EMA_prds = Param("EMA_periods", 12, 1, 30, 1);
>

> // Compute EMA and MACD Histogram
> DayEMA		= EMA(Close, EMA_prds);
> Histogram	= MACD() - Signal();
>
> // Determine if we have an Impulse UP, DOWN or None
> Impulse_Up		=	DayEMA > Ref(DayEMA, -1) AND
Histogram > Ref(Histogram, -1);
> Impulse_Down	=	DayEMA < Ref(DayEMA, -1) AND Histogram <
Ref(Histogram, -1);
> Impulse_None	=	(NOT Impulse_UP) AND (NOT Impulse_Down);
>
> // Compute Weekly MACD and determine whether rising or falling
> // Note: uses "non-standard"  parameters!
> TF2 = 3;
> TF3 = 9;
> TimeFrameSet(Interval(1)*TF2);
> MACD_val	=	MACD(5, 8);
> Signal_val	=	Signal(5, 8, 5);
> Hist_in_w	=	MACD_val - Signal_val;
>
> wh_rising 	= Hist_in_w > Ref(Hist_in_w, -1);
> wh_falling 	= Hist_in_w < Ref(Hist_in_w, -1);
>
> TimeFrameRestore();
>
> // Now get Monthly MACD Histogram....
> TimeFrameSet(Interval(1)*TF3);
> MACD_val		=	MACD(5, 8);
> Signal_val		=	Signal(5, 8, 5);
> Hist_in_m		=	MACD_val - Signal_val;
>
> mh_rising = Hist_in_m > Ref(Hist_in_m, -1);
> mh_falling = Hist_in_m < Ref(Hist_in_m, -1);
>
> TimeFrameRestore();
>
> wh_rising 	= TimeFrameExpand( wh_rising,Interval(1)
*TF2,expandFirst );
> wh_falling 	= TimeFrameExpand( wh_falling,Interval(1)
*TF2,expandFirst  );
> mh_rising 	= TimeFrameExpand(mh_rising, Interval(1)
*TF3,expandFirst );
> mh_falling 	= TimeFrameExpand(mh_falling, Interval(1)
*TF3,expandFirst );
> //
> /*
> //Original code
> wh_rising 	= TimeFrameExpand( wh_rising,
inWeekly,expandLast );
> wh_falling 	= TimeFrameExpand( wh_falling,
inWeekly,expandLast  );
> mh_rising 	= TimeFrameExpand(mh_rising,
inMonthly,expandLast );
> mh_falling 	= TimeFrameExpand(mh_falling,
inMonthly,expandLast );
> //
> */
> kol 	= IIf( wh_rising, colorGreen,  IIf(wh_falling, colorRed,
> colorLightGrey));
> mkol 	= IIf( mh_rising, colorBlue,  IIf(mh_falling, colorYellow,
> colorLightGrey));
>
> // Plot them all!
> Plot(Close, "Close", colorTeal, styleBar);
> PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow * Impulse_Up, colorBlue, 0, Low, -12);
> PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * Impulse_Down, colorRed, 0, High, -12);
> PlotShapes(shapeSmallCircle * Impulse_None, colorWhite, 0, High, 5);
> Plot(10, "ribbon", kol, styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, -12,
156);	//
> //Weekly trend
> Plot(10, "ribbon", mkol, styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, -
0.5, 150);	//
> //Monthly Trend
>
> Title = "Elders Impulse - RT";
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

investment software  Investment property software
>         Software support  Real estate investment analysis software
Investment software

of Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.