Re: [amibroker] Re: very little choice in terms of data sources.

I hate to complain about things that are almost free,
but I did pay for 7 years of old data to backtest my
strategy from eoddata. They recently changed the TSE
data so that it was incompatible with their old data
when backtested. I decided to go with downloadquotes
instead, whose data was consistent and did not have
separate quotes for say BGO and BGO.to as an example,
wheras eoddata did have that.

Eric

--- areehoi <rhoierman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't agree with you.  As Tomasz outlined there
> are plenty of
> sources.  One he didn't mention (and it is free) is
> "EOD Data". They
> have end of day data for both the Toronto and
> Vancouver exchanges as
> well as the NY, Nasdaq and Amex. It only takes a
> minute to download
> and put into AmiBroker with the Wizard.  Check it
> out at
> "www.eoddata.com".
>
> Dick H.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "murthysuresh"
> <money@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > Today, we have very little choice in terms of data
> sources. There are
> > may excellant data sources available in the market
> whcih Quotetracker
> > uses. Why dont amibroker increase its plugins for
> data sources. i trade
> > mostly on canadian stocks. so the choice for me
> (Unless i connect
> > amibroker thro qt. which i dont want to, as i like
> amibroker and not
> > qt) is very limited.
> > For eg, stockwatch is an excellant source and much
> much cheaper than
> > esignal.

http://mail.yahoo.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.