[amibroker] Equity(1): Tomasz's Comment in the manual - I can figure it out

on page 366 of the Amibroker manual, under AmiBroker Formula
Language.

Equity(1), Comments:
by Tomasz

"When your formula uses Equity (1) you should avoid using built-in
delays...

"Here is a story why:

"Only BACKTESTER implements delays while EXPLORATION and other modes
do NOT...

"Built in delays are designed to be used in BACKTESTER ONLY. The
intention (?) is as follows: set non zero delays int he settings now
SINGLE formula can be used to BACKTEST and to get TODAY SIGNALS for
trading for tomorrow (in SCAN) mode.

"Solution 1:
Embed delays in the AFL code itself:
Buy=Ref(Buy,-1);
Sell=Ref(Sell,-1);

(I think this is saying that when using Equity(1) don't set non-
Delays in the settings and don't set non-zero delays using
SetTradeDelays.  Instead always use the Buy=Ref(Buy,-1) for buying
today when the initial signal to buy was yesterday.

Is this correct?

(I am assuming built-in delays (see line 1 of quote above) are both
the delays set in the settings and the delays set by SetTradeDelays.)

I want to use Equity(1) on all my backtested formula because
1) it removes the excess buy-sell signals instead of ExRem.
2) Compounded equity curves

But always having to buy today referring to yesterday's signal
instead of setting a trade delay is a convoluted way to do a simple
process.

Have I misunderstood?

Thank-you Balin Butler

24 Hours. Commission-Free.