[amibroker] Re: Real Time Use Feature Request

I second your request. Limited functionality of RT Quote Window is the main reason that I still don't use AB for rt trading. Let's sum up improvements needed that were recently mentioned on this board:

1) Import/export tickers from RT Quote Window to "tls" files

2) Multiple windows that can be opened at the same time (or at least multiple tabs for subwindows within one main window)

3) Ability to customize the columns (most rt traders don't need p/e ratios and dividend yield, this data just clogs up the bandwidth)

4) Add column fields: FullName, Number-of-trades, OpenInterest

Lesmond

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mikelaurataylor" <mikelaurataylor@xxxx> wrote:

> Tomasz:
>
> I'm not sure if this is the best place to request a feature ... if not
> I'll be happy to send it elsewhere.
>
> I've been using AB for a few years, LOVE the product and frequently
> talk it up on various board (Elitetrader, etc). for end of day scanning.
>
> I REALLY want to use this intraday and completely eliminate my
> dependance on Tradestation but there is one glaring hole that
> Tradestation and Esignal (I use their feed) have that I don't think
> would take a ton of time to add to a future upgrade.
>
> This is a better "real time" window.
>
> In Tradestation I can have multiple real time windows open (they call
> them Radarscreens), each with a different list of stocks.    In
> addition, each window can have more than 1 tab.
>
> For me this is a requirement as I have multiple watchlists and don't
> want to mix them up on just one window to watch them during the day.
>
> At the very least just having multiple tabs on the existing window
> with the ability to add a watchlist to each tab would be a big
> improvement.
>
> In addition, these products typically have the ability to add or
> remove columns to the real time window and Tradestation allows you to
> "drop in" indicators that will in turn run against any in the list.
>
> Given a choice, I'd be happy just to have multiple tabs or windows for
> now with the hope that down the road you could give us more
> customization over the list.
>
> I know you've been making some great improvments and I don't know if
> this is anywhere on your list but in my opinion this is the only major
> item missing in order to really use AB on an intraday timeframe for
> myself (and probably others).
>
> Keep up the great work and thanks
>
> Mike

24 Hours. Commission-Free.