[amibroker] Re: Relative Strength Plots vs. Telechart Industry and Subindustry Composites

Hi John,

What do you mean by "snapshot of some data fields"? Are you referring
to a lookup table of composite/base assignments?

I'm interested in receiving your work. I just wish I'd asked before
manually assigning all of the composites as relative strength bases
for each industry. :(

tia for sharing

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John CW <johncw_97@xxxx> wrote:

> --- johngalt0714 <johngalt0714@xxxx> wrote:
>
> > Here's some simple code for Telechart users who may want to plot
> > relative strength versus the industry (sector) and subindustry
> > (industry) composites in the same chart pane. This assumes that
you
> > have the relative strength base defined for each Telechart
subindustry
> > (Amibroker industry) in the Amibroker categories dialog and that
the
> > higher-level category (market and group) bases are blank.
> >
> > If anyone has an idea how to define these bases without requiring
that
> > the higher level bases are blank, it would make the code a bit
more
> > versatile.
> >

> Here is a different approach. Produce a snapshot of some
> data fields of Telechart then use a plugin to read the
> fields required. I can release the former (probably need
> Worden permission first) and the plugin to those interested.
>
> I have attached an example output using yahoo.
> Here is what the afl(modified version of what you posted)
> looks like:
>
> if ((tmp = MCgetdata("IntGrp", "", 0))>0) {
>     _N(s_tc_industry = StrFormat("MG%03g", tmp));
>     if ((tmp = MCgetdata("SubIntGrp", "", 0))>0) {
>         _N(s_tc_subindustry = StrFormat("MG%03g", tmp));
>
>         IndustryBase = s_tc_industry;
>         Plot(Prec(RelStrength (IndustryBase),2),
>             " Industry: " + IndustryID(1) +
>             "  (" + IndustryBase + ")",
>             colorBlack, styleDots|styleThick);
>
>         SectorBase = s_tc_subindustry;
>         Plot(Prec(RelStrength (SectorBase),2),
>             " Sector: " + SectorID(1) +
>             "  (" + SectorBase + ")",
>             colorGrey40, styleDots|styleThick|styleOwnScale);
>     }
> }
>
> > Hope it is of help to someone.

> > [original afl code]