[amibroker] Re: Any opinions about IQFEED or DTN.IQ?

Paul,

IQFeed is extremely stable.  Going from IQFeed 2.x to IQFeed 4.x has
significant enhancements focusing on reliability and efficiency.  I
run IQFeed on a single machine 24/7 with 3 - 3rd party applications
fed by IQFeed.  In addition, this machine is always running Esignal,
Qcharts and our ProphetX product.  This provides a good stress test,
plus allows me to compare what our data looks like in various 3rd
party apps vs. that of Esignal and Qcharts.  The only time IQFeed
stops or is restarted is when I apply Microsoft patches.  Thus, it is
very stable.

You bring up a good point on the 2003 versions of software and posts
on Elite Trader.  We had trouble keeping focused on the IQ product
line as we shuffled resources around over the past couple years.  You
will see that there was virtually no IQFeed client releases for nearly
2 years.  Our DTN.IQ client hasn't had a new version either.  However,
we have continued to enhance our backend systems to keep up with the
increases in market data volume, and the demands of our customers.  In
addition, the IQ backend systems also run other product lines, such as
some of our Wholesale web redistribution systems.  Thus, not all work
we do is visible to all users.  That being said, you will notice that
over the past year we have moved our focus back to the IQFeed client.
 This resulted in IQFeed 4.0, which has significantly reduced customer
contact to our support group (because it is so much more stable), and
added new functions for 3rd party developers to build more stable
integration.  We have continued working on the servers, and that team
is finishing up code that will finally give customers the things they
have been asking for.  Once released, we should have not only the best
feed and best overall pricing value, but also all of the data and
features our customers need.
Hopefully this helps you understand where we have been, and where we
are going.  If the feed doesn't have something you need today, let us
know and we will try to get it for you.  IQFeed is a focus of mine,
and our developers for 2006 and I am sure you will see significant
enhancements throughout the year.

BTW:  We will be releasing a new DTN.IQ (no new features, but support
for second resolution and some other exchange compliance issues), a
completely new Equity analytics platform (new entrance into the
market), and a new IQFeed client, all within the next couple weeks.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please contact our support
group.  We look forward to your feedback.

Jay

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=293624&highlight=iqfeed%2Bamibroker#post293624

> I'm proceeding with the trial. When I downloaded the DTN.IQ software,
> I noticed that it dates from 2003! Is this the most recent version?
> I'm still waiting for the account to be set up before I can proceed,
> so this is the only comment I can give at this time.
>
> Best regards,
> Paul
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DTN IQFeed Datafeed Services"
> <iqfeed@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Alex and Paul,
> >
> > We offer a free trial and would love for you to try the new Plugin
> > Tomasz released last week.  There were several things Tomasz was
> > waiting on from us before he reworked the plugin, and I think he is
> > much happier with it.  Indeed there are still a few things we are
> > working on, such as continuous daily charts, but overall, our
> > customers have been extremely happy with IQFeed 4.0 for speed and
> > reliability.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.