Re: [amibroker] ApplyStop using Close price, but exit on Open?

Here is an example to place sell stop 0.1 below yesterdays EMA(C,40), but you can modify for whatever your own stop rule is:

 SetTradeDelays(1,0,1,0);  // in on tomorrow's open, out today
 BuyPrice = Open;
 ShortPrice = Open;

 Rfe = 0.1;  // room for error, could use ATR for example
 Slippage = 0.05;  // or what ever you want
 SellPrice = IIf(Open<Ref(EMA(C,40)-1)-1*Rfe),Open,
                 Ref(EMA(C,40),-1)-1*(Rfe+Slippage));
 Sell = IIf(L<Ref(EMA(C,40),-1)-1*Rfe,True,False);
 // Note: SellPrice is meaningless unless Sell is True
 Short=Cover=0;  // I don't short (usually)
-- Keith

Graham wrote:
This has never sorked for me, applystop has always used only the low
or high prices of the bars. I guessed I read the help wrongly and it
means the exit will beat the regular exit price.
Besides where do you set the stops for using price? There is no where
to set the price for use by applystops. For long trade it always uses
the high for setting the exit level, and always uses cross of low over
this exit level for the signal.

--
Cheers
Graham